The annual conference is one of the highlights of the English UK calendar, giving our members the chance to gain updates on topical issues that are pertinent to their businesses and wider trends as well as workshops focusing on specific issues. In addition to hearing from industry experts, the conference provides a prime opportunity for members to meet and help shape our future.
Review: the English UK Annual Conference & AGM 2015
The English UK Annual Conference & AGM 2015 was held on Monday 11 and Tuesday 12 May in the Midland Hotel, Manchester, and sponsored by Trinity College London.
Chief Executive Eddie Byers told around 120 members that while the first English UK membership survey had shown a very positive approval score, he wanted to do better year on year. He announced plans for a new membership model tailored more to the needs of different centres, and a series of free roadshow events visiting every region are among the first initiatives to come from our first-ever survey of members. + read more
The event included a variety of conference sessions and AGM as well as a number of networking opportunities, including a drinks reception and at Manchester Town Hall, sponsored by the British Council.
Some presentations are available to view again:
- English UK review of 2014, Eddie Byers, Huan Japes and Annie Wright
- English UK strategy 2015 - 2017, Eddie Byers, Huan Japes and Annie Wright
- Regional groups - the heart of English UK?, Andrew Hjort and Nigel Paramor
- A new approach to Public Affairs, Eddie Byers, Timothy Blake and Tas Bhanji
- Keeping up with the Home Office, Nichola Carter
- Care of under 18s, Michael Bruce, Sarah Etchells, Claire Rickards and Liz McLaren
- New Oriental and why it matters to UK language schools, Ding Shan
- Consumers' rights/ regulations and data protection law update, Emma Davies and Fiona Rogers
Presentations from previous Annual Conferences