English UK fairs are overseas workshops designed to raise the profile of the association and its member centres, as well as the UK ELT sector as a whole in specific, target markets.
Rather than a regional focus, the English UK Fair, Italy focuses entirely on the Italian market; the largest source markets for UK ELT. This allows us to respond to the Italian market specifically.
This event will follow a new format, combining an afternoon of professional development seminars for local teachers (who may lead groups of students to study English in the UK) and a one-day agency workshop with a networking event for both sets of influencers/buyers.
Unchanged from our previous fairs, however, is the unique UK ELT focus, combination of formal B2B meetings and social networking, and high standard of vetting agent delegates.
This event is open to English UK member centres, invited study abroad agents, consultants, educational tour operators, and student recruiters; and up to five exhibitors/ sponsors; and, for the first day, to Italian secondary school teachers who may lead groups to UK.
This event is being organised in collaboration with IALCA and supported by the British Council and Trinity College London.
Why Italy? Why now?
The event is planned in response to a number of factors:
- Western Europe remains the most important source region for ELT students in the UK
- Italy is the biggest source market but has seen decline and needs renewed focus
- PON funding has been confirmed for 2017 (and could continue to 2020).
- 2017 is the first time PON funds are available to the whole country and Molise, Abruzzo and Sardinia have been recognised as 'transition' regions.
- Milan has the highest concentration of English UK existing Italian agent connections
- Milan is in a relatively wealthy area in a country with a tradition of annual class end of year holidays.
Monday 16 October
Tuesday 17 October
CPD for local teachers
15:00 | Registration
15:30 - 18:00 | Seminars
18:00 - 18:45 | Networking drinks reception
18:45 - 21:30 | Buffet dinner
08:15 - 10:00 | Registration for workshop
08:45 - 09:25 | Introductions
09:25 - 12:40 | B2B appointment sessions
12:40 - 13:55 | Networking lunch
13:55 - 17:10 | B2B appointment sessions
What does the all-inclusive package include?
Agents, exhibitors and educators receive:
- Networking drinks reception and dinner with local teachers.
- One full day of appointments, scheduled in advance with Marcom eSchedule PRO
- Additional networking opportunities over refreshment breaks and lunch
- Comprehensive profiles of all participating agents and educators
- Listing in the event handbook
- One night's accommodation for one staff member at Hilton Milan.
- An afternoon of CPD seminars including presentations by INDIRE and MIUR
- Networking drinks reception and dinner with local agents and UK educators.
If you are interested in sponsorship, please contact Roz Rozidor.