Malaysia has forecast that the 1.5 million jobs to be created by 2020 will require TVET-related skills, including English proficiency for those in the workplace such as workers, managers and the teachers. Through its global reputation for excellence, the UK is well placed to support this by providing training that can be delivered in the workplace or blended learning programmes.
This mission will focus on ELT opportunities within Malaysia's priority TVET sectors including: rail, construction, cyber & telecoms, automotive, aviation, oil & gas, hospitality and shared services. Potential buyers from other ASEAN markets will also be invited to the activities.
The Malaysian government allocated £16.5 million of its 2017 budget to extend English Language proficiency and the total potential market value of ELT in Malaysia by 2020 is £155 million, rising to £800 million in the wider ASEAN region.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a detailed insight into the ELT opportunities in Malaysia.
- Improve their contextual understanding of ELT in Malaysia and the ambitions which drive future ELT development.
- Pitch to potential clients in formal sessions.
- Participate in 1-2-1 meetings and networking events with key stakeholders and partners from across the country.
- Undertake site visits to Malaysian ELT/TVET providers and the Departments for Human Resources and Education.
- Develop their knowledge of the Malaysian business environment and develop strategies to expand their offering to the region.
Dates & Locations:
Monday 25 – Tuesday 26 September 2017, Kuala Lumpur
Delegates should ideally be UK-based private training organisations and FE institutions who offer and have a proven track record of delivering ELT within the workplace.
If you are interested in being a part of this exciting trade mission, please complete and return the attached application form to Husna Hashim, DIT Malaysia, by Friday 25 August 2017. The profiles will be used for a UK delegate brochure to be circulated to Malaysian stakeholders in advance of the mission.
T: +60 3 2170 2221
Alternatively, you can contact Mike Qureshi, DIT Education Team in London if you have any queries relating to the programme:
T: 020 7215 4827
The programme is free to attend, but spaces are limited and offered on a first come, first served basis. Participants are responsible for airfare, insurance and accommodation costs. DIT will provide local group transport to venues.
Applications will be vetted.
« back to newsletter