Advanced safeguarding for designated staff (formerly level 2)
Why attend this training day?
Designated staff support the designated safeguarding leads (separate training half-day for Designated Leads) in delivering safeguarding throughout the organisation. This half-day course helps designated staff understand their responsibilities. Using practical exercises, trainees will better understand the types of safeguarding issues they may face and how to respond.
What does it cover?
- The responsibilities of the role
- Further understanding of abuse
- The differences between concerns and allegations and how to manage them
- Recording framework and reporting pathway
- Legal background, required knowledge
- Reviewing a safeguarding policy
- Training your staff
- Application of safeguarding to your situation
- Improved understanding of the designated person's role
- Practical suggestions on how to meet the responsibilities
- Help to solve any specific problems
- Relevant handouts in hard copy and email follow up
- Certificate stating you have been trained to Advanced Safeguarding standard
Participants must have completed basic safeguarding awareness (formerly Level 1) training, which can be done online, to attend advanced safeguarding training (formerly level 2).