English UK overseas events focus on promoting UK ELT in key source markets. We welcome English UK members and experienced study abroad agencies, to share information and build mutually beneficial business relationships.
In 2019 we ran overseas events in Taiwan and Japan. Attending educators were pleased with the "good quality" and "good mix" of agencies at the events. We aim for a mix of agents that are already sending significant numbers of students to the UK, and those that are interested in opening up this market.
Why have we chosen to visit Thailand?
- Thailand is the 16th largest source market for English UK members, accounting for 4,975 students and 30,768 ELT student weeks in 2018.
- It has been a key growth market for private sector members. In 2018, despite a slight decrease in the average length of stay (down from 6.2 weeks to 5.8 weeks), year-on-year student weeks increased by 17.2% and student numbers by 21.6%.
- The Asia Pacific is the most important source region for English UK's state sector members, with Thailand ranking 9th largest source market overall (with 4,422 student weeks in 2018). Thai students studied English for an average of 9.5 weeks at these state sector centres.
- Seperate research by Bonard showed that the UK ELT sector is currently under-represented in the market. In 2018 Thailand ranked globally as the ninth largest source market for ELT, accounting for around 300,000 student weeks. The UK's market share was 12.9%; there is plenty of scope for growth.
How to register
The educator/service provider package includes:
- Two nights' accommodationat the Shangri-La Hotel, Bangok
- Marcom eSchedule PRO account to schedule one-to-one meetings
- Networking dinner
- Refreshments and lunch during the agent workshop
£1895 for a table and first representative
£895 for a second representative (no meeting schedule)
Why not extend your trip to Asia by joining us at the English UK China Roadshow the week before, or our event in Hanoi on 23 - 24 November?
To register your interest in attending as an agent, please email Louise.
Attendance is free for attending agents and includes one night of hotel accommodation for agents based outside of Bangkok. Please note that English UK will request professional references before we approve your attendance.
The event includes a day of one-to-one business meetings and a networking dinner and lunch. Delegates can meet the right people for their business needs, by researching other participants in advance and pre-scheduling meetings using our online meeting management software.
|Wednesday 25 November
||18:30 - 21:30
||Welcome networking dinner
|Thursday 26 November
||09:00 - 13:00
||13:00 - 14:00
||14:00 - 14:30
||14:30 - 17:30
Want to see what our overseas events are like? View photos from our 2019 event in Taipei, in the English UK Facebook gallery.
'The English UK overseas events are very well organised, giving quality time to meet with new, or existing agents, as well as network with UK educators. This can be helpful to share information and findings about the market, in a relaxed and informal way.'
'I always find something interesting for my business. It is more personal than the big fairs.'