Last updated: 30 January 2020
English UK in Vietnam
Monday 23 - Tuesday 24 November 2020
English UK overseas events focus on promoting UK ELT in key source markets. We welcome English UK members and experienced study abroad agencies to share information and build mutually beneficial business relationships.
In 2019 we ran overseas events in Taiwan and Japan. Attending educators were pleased with the "good quality" and "good mix" of agencies at the events. We aim for a mix of agents that are already sending significant numbers of students to the UK, and those that are interested in opening up this market.
Why have we chosen to visit Vietnam?
- With a young population (40% of the population is under 25) and rising income levels, study abroad is becoming increasingly popular and Vietnam has the potential to be a significant source market for UK ELT.
- Research by Bonard showed that in 2018 Vietnam ranked globally as the twelfth largest source market for ELT. It is estimated that Vietnamese students accounted for around 250,000 student weeks, with Australia and New Zealand as the most popular destinations. The UK had only 1.6% of market share.
- There are a number of opportunities for partnership and business development in country; in 2008 the government set out the National Foreign Languages Project 2020 (NFLP 2020) which aimed to have all students graduate from University with a minimum B1 level of English and all English language teachers to reach B2 for primary and C1 for secondary level teaching.
- The UK ELT sector is currently under-represented both within Vietnam and for Vietnamese students studying abroad. Our agent workshop and other activity in the market aims to redress this balance.
Register your place
The educator/service provider package includes:
- Two nights' accommodation at Hilton Hanoi Opera
- Marcom eSchedule PRO account to schedule one-to-one meetings
- Networking dinner
- Refreshments and lunch during the agent workshop
£1895 for a table and first representative
£895 for a second representative (no meeting schedule)
Why not make the most of your trip to Asia by joining us at the English UK China Roadshow the week before, or our event in Bangkok on 25 - 26 November?
To register your interest in attending as an agent, please email Louise.
Attendance is free for attending agents and includes one night of hotel accommodation for agents based outside of Hanoi. Please note that English UK will request professional references before we approve your attendance.
The event includes a day of one-to-one business meetings and a networking dinner and lunch. Delegates can meet the right people for their business needs, by researching other participants in advance and pre-scheduling meetings using our online meeting management software.
|Monday 25 November
||18:30 - 21:30
||Welcome networking dinner
|Tuesday 26 November
||09:00 - 13:00
||13:00 - 14:00
||14:00 - 14:30
||14:30 - 17:30
Want to see what our overseas events look like? View photos from our 2019 event in Tokyo, in the English UK Facebook gallery
What do participants think about our events?
'Overall the quality of the agents was excellent, with a variety of established and newer agencies. Lots of opportunities to bond with the agents… It was a very enjoyable experience.'
'A professionally run event, less hectic than the main workshops and attracting quality agents.'
'We made friends with so many schools and agents. I can't wait for the next one. We are hooked!'