English UK's board of trustees and AGM
The board of trustees of English UK and the chief executive are responsible for the conduct of the association's business outside the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The board has 12 seats including a Chair and vice-Chair.
Board elections take place in May each year ahead of the Members' Conference and AGM.
Members serve for a maximum of three years and are eligible for re-election for a further period of three years. The Chair and vice-Chair are eligible to serve for a maximum of nine years.
Members' Conference & AGM
The English UK Members' Conference is one of the highlights of the English UK calendar, giving you, our members, the chance to share your experiences, help shape the association and meet your representatives.
Our 2023 Members' Conference will take place on Friday 12 May in London at Leonardo Royal Hotel London City and online.
The English UK AGM, is held as part of the Members' Conference.
The AGM's purpose is to:
- Allow members to receive and endorse reports from the trustees on the achievements and work of the association over the year including the Annual Report, financial accounts and complaint cases heard by the Ombudsman.
- Announce the results of Board elections (if applicable).
- Consider any nominations for Honorary Members or Fellows.
- Make any changes to the association's rule book or constitution (the Memorandum and Articles of Association), if necessary.
- Discuss other matters that affect the entire organisation.
During the meeting members are encouraged to vote on matters on the agenda and ask questions. At the end of the meeting, the newly elected trustees are introduced to the membership.
Back to the top
English UK Board of Trustees meeting minutes
At the 2021 English UK AGM a conference resolution on the publishing of minutes of the board of trustees meetings was passed.
All minutes of board of trustees meetings, from June 2021 onwards, will be available to members here:
AGM papers and minutes
Back to the top