Join as an English UK member
English UK is the association of English language teaching centres in the United Kingdom. We are the voice of the UK ELT sector and work with a wide range of partners and stakeholders worldwide to represent the interests of our 400+ members.
A language centre can apply for membership of English UK once it has been accredited with Accreditation UK. Over 80% of the centres accredited through the Accreditation UK scheme have chosen to join us.
Benefits of English UK membership
- High-level representation to national and international government bodies and opinion formers
- Exclusive access to English UK events, scoping missions, fam trips and workshops
- Discounted conferences, training and qualifications for your continued professional development
- Regular updates on industry news and opportunities
- Major discounts on StudyWorld London and CLA licence fees
- Market insights with English UK market research, statistical analysis and work on the economic impact of the ELT industry
- And more... view the full list of benefits
By taking advantage of discounts on English UK events and paying for the Accreditation UK scheme and other fees through us, members can save over £1,000 a year.
What will it cost?
The annual membership fee starts from £844. All centres pay a basic subscription and there is an additional graduated supplementary subscription based on the size of institution. Discounts are available for smaller centres.
Subscriptions are charged pro rata on the basis of complete months in membership for new members.
How to join English UK as a member
All UK ELT centres accredited by Accreditation UK are eligible for English UK membership. Our Accreditation Consultancy Service is available for aspiring and existing members coming up to an Accreditation UK inspection.
- Complete an online application form and sometimes a financial reference
- Agree to abide by the English UK rules. These include requirements of members exceeding those of the Accreditation UK scheme in the welfare, content of publicity material and the handling of complaints, and also set out operational rules for the association's internal affairs.
- Your application is then processed by our Membership team and ratified by the English UK Board. The English UK board is the final authority for ratifying membership applications.
- Pay a membership fee
Please note, your joining date may affect benefits such as first inclusion in the English UK Member Directory, or discount for StudyWorld bookings, annual Accreditation UK fees or (if applicable) CLA fees.