English with Confidence campaign
English with Confidence is our international-facing campaign to support market recovery for the UK's English language teaching sector.
We are working together with the British Council and the Department for International Trade to run a responsive and coordinated campaign under the globally-recognised GREAT Britain brand. The campaign informs and reassures our international partners and stakeholders, giving them the information they need to support the return of international students.
We have a great story to tell. Despite the disruption to business caused by Covid-19, the UK remains the best place for students to learn English. In the first phase in summer 2021 campaign messaging will focus on student safety, and the support students can expect when they study at an accredited UK language centre.
The English with Confidence website provides a single reference point for all partners working with accredited ELT centres in the UK. Messages promote the UK as a safe and supportive environment for English language students, highlighting high standards in course quality and safeguarding, and simplifying information about Covid-19 travel and visa requirements.
We have four (new in June 2022) videos that we are sharing as part of the campaign. The videos feature ELT students in the UK and communicate key messages:
- UK schools are welcoming international students
- The UK is open as usual for visitors
- No more Covid-related travel rules
- Studying in the UK for six months as a visitor is simple
How to get involved
The campaign's social media toolkit includes assets for social media sharing. With support from stakeholders across the sector, we will amplify campaign messages using all channels, reaching key audiences with coordinated messaging.
- View the promotional toolkit to find out more about joining the campaign
- Download the shareable campaign assets and share them on your own social media channels
- Download the campaign videos via Google Drive so you can post them on your channels or embed them on your website
- Add your own text to the post or use the draft text provided in the toolkit
- Link to the dedicated campaign website: study.englishuk.com
- Add the #EnglishWithConfidence hashtag so we can repost
- Feature a campaign banner (and link to study.englishuk.com) on your email signature.
Promotional toolkit and campaign assets
Why choose the UK?