The Eddie Byers Scholarship is now open to applicants from UK charities for the second year.
Applicants must be registered UK charities looking for funding for a specific project or activity that uses English language teaching to improve the prospects and opportunities open to an individual and/ or their community.
Up to four grants of a maximum £2,500 will be awarded each year to projects with English learning at their heart. Projects must be non-discriminatory, deliver a significant positive impact and reach those who do not otherwise have access English language teaching.
The closing date for this year's scholarship round is midnight Thursday 31 May.
We are very proud of this scholarship, which honours our late CEO's passion for education and supports our charitable mission to advance the education of international students in the English language. It is entirely funded by donations and we hope you will help the fund grow over years to come.
We know many English UK members and corporate members work closely with charities in your local communities so please do spread the word and encourage them apply.
Eddie Byers Scholarship: key details
- Applicants must be registered UK charities
- Each charity can submit one application
- Applications can request up to £2,500.
Successful projects will:
- Use English language teaching to improve prospects and opportunities
- Be a specific activity, extra provision or items/ materials beyond those generally offered
- Support individuals regardless of religion, political affiliation, gender etc.
- Address real need
- Reach those who do not otherwise have access to the funds required.
Find out more and apply. previous entry << >> next entry