Tuesday 16 November 2010
City Inn, Manchester
The British Council is launching an area of its Teaching English website dedicated to the teaching of ESOL. This area provides a range of resources that ESOL teachers can access for free and integrate into their classroom activity.
At this seminar, practising ESOL teachers will present some of the resources they have developed for the pages. There will also be a discussion of future plans for the pages, with an opportunity for participants to give their own reactions and ideas.
- Tim Phillips, Head, Teacher Development, English Language Innovations, British Council
- Dr Philida Schellekens, ESOL consultant, associate inspector, teacher and teacher trainer
- Amanda Wilson, teacher and teacher trainer (ESOL/EFL), Boston College
- Callie Wilkinson, ESOL teacher, Boston College
- Melissa Cudmore, Senior Adviser, English Language Innovations, British Council
18:30 - 19:00 Welcome and refreshments
19:00 - 20:00 Presentation and workshop
20:00 - 20:30 Reception
Address: City Inn, One Piccadilly Place, 1 Auburn St, Manchester, M1 3DG
To register for this seminar, please RSVP quoting 'ESOL - 16 November' to Louise Phillips, T +44 (0)20 7389 4229, E email@example.com.
Please note that there is no charge for attending this seminar.
This series of seminars encourages debate on areas of contemporary interest in the field of English language teaching and learning. Informal networking events are combined with more formal workshops and presentations. Previous sessions included stimulating seminars given by Mario Rinvolucri, Michael Swan, Catherine Walter, Jamie Keddie, and Jeremy Harmer & Steve Bingham, highlights of which are available here.
previous entry << >> next entry