We are delighted to see that two English UK members and four corporate members were nominated for ELTons Awards!
- Excellence in course innovation: Macmillan Education, EF First, Pearson, Oxford University Press
- Innovation in leaners resources: Cambridge University Press
- Innovation in teachers' resources: Cambridge University Press and Oxford University Press
- Digital Innovation: Oxford University Press
- Local Innovation: EAP for Syrian Academics project - Cara (Council for at-risk academics) with The University of Sheffield, ELTC
The excellence in course innovation award was won by Oxford University Press' 'Get Set, Go! Phonics', which takes a new approach to developing pre-school children's phonological awareness and phonics knowledge. Congratulations to them!
The ELTons Awards for innovation in English language teaching are the British Council's own awards. Over the past sixteen years, they have celebrated the original courses, publications, projects, apps, and platforms (and the creators behind them) finding new ways to meet the needs of English language learners and teachers around the world.
English language innovation is international and increasingly digital. 110 submissions were received from 33 countries (across six continents).
For 2018, 76% of the innovations submitted to the ELTons have a digital element and 56% are completely digital: including gamification, social media apps, tailor-made platforms, podcasts and products for parents. Get inspiration and access to high quality English language teaching resources for your teaching practice from this year's list of ELTons finalists. previous entry << >> next entry