PRELIM 3 participants ready to start work in January
English UK members and English teaching associations all around the world are joining forces to create resources to be used in classrooms of 25 nations.
PRELIM 3 (Partnered Remote Language Improvement Project) is a 15-month project to develop and disseminate bespoke teacher support resources. 25 partnerships have been created between language centres and English Teacher Associations, working together to create resources designed specifically for the overseas teachers to use in their own classrooms with their students.
Projects will run from January 2023 to March 2024, funded by the British Council. PRELIM is a partnership between the British Council, English UK and IATEFL, with ELT teacher training organisation Norwich Institute of Language Education (NILE) as management consultants.
Language centres accredited by Accreditation UK were invited to bid to take part in the project, as were English Teacher Associations around the world.
Successful English UK member bidders were:
- Bell Educational Services Ltd
- Capital School of English, Bournemouth
- CELT (Centres for ELT) Cardiff
- Celtic English Academy; Centre of English Studies (CES)
- Edinburgh College
- Hilderstone College
- inlingua Cheltenham
- International House Bristol
- International House London
- Lewis School of English
- LILA* Liverpool
- Nottingham Trent University
- Norwich Study Centre, Flying Classrooms School of English
- Oxford International Education Group
- Peartree Language
- Speak Up London
- Stafford House
- St Giles International
- The University of Sheffield ELTC
- West London English School
- Wimbledon School of English
- York Associates
previous entry << >> next entry
A 25th school which is not an English UK member, Eurospeak Language School, is also participating.