The UK Government has today published a public consultation on reform of Tier 4 of the Points Based System - the student entry route to the UK.
The consultation is seeking views on a range of measures to reduce the number of students that can come into the UK. Proposals include:
- reducing the number of people coming to the UK to study at below degree level;
- introducing a tougher English language requirement;
- ensuring students wishing to extend their studies show evidence of academic progression;
- limiting students' entitlements to work and their ability to bring in dependants; and
- improving the accreditation process for education providers, alongside more rigorous inspections.
The consultation will run for eight weeks until 31 January 2011, and can be found on the UK Border Agency website here.
To read the UK Border Agency's news release about the consultation, please click here.
previous entry << >> next entry