Need help choosing a language course? You could ask an agent
24 February 2016

If you'd  like help choosing a language course in the UK, you may want to use an agency. Agents and educational consultants are partners of English UK and accredited English language centres. They can give you  advice on choosing the language centre or course that's right for you.

Although  you can find lots of information on the internet, including on our course search on this website, there is no substitute for talking with someone who knows about the courses, the providers, the different regions of the UK, and the costs. They can help you arrange accommodation and travel too. Some agents charge a fee for advice, but most receive commission from the language centre so they can provide their advice free to students.

The English UK Partner Agency Scheme (PAS) recognises study abroad agencies and educational consultancies that successfully promote the UK as an English language teaching destination so these agencies can give you good advice. You can use our partner agency finder, to search for one in your country.

There are currently more than 250 educational consultancies and language travel agencies in 47 countries that are a part of this scheme. The two newest to join are  Escuelas del Mundo in Peru and  My Tour Education in China.

In many countries there are also agent associations that help to ensure good practice among agents. Find the best contact for you on our agent associations list.

If your country doesn't appear on the list, your local British Council office may be able to recommend some reputable agencies.

previous entry << >> next entry