The UK government confirms easing of the remaining Covid travel requirements
Extremely welcome news for UK ELT and our colleagues in the travel industry as the government confirms the easing of the remaining Covid-19 travel requirements for fully-vaccinated passengers.
From 04:00 GMT on Friday 11 February:
- All Covid testing requirements will be removed for eligible fully-vaccinated passengers.
- This also applies to ALL under-18s, irrespective of where they are travelling from or their vaccine status.
- 16 more countries will be added to the UK's approved vaccine list including China, Algeria, Guatemala, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mexico and Turkmenistan.
- Adults not recognised as fully vaccinated under UK travel rules will only be required to take a pre-departure test and a Covid PCR test by day 2 after their arrival. They will no longer be required to quarantine unless this test is positive.
- The government also plans to introduce a simpler version of the Passenger Locator Form.
These changes have been confirmed by all four UK nations.
We hope this will encourage student travel to the UK and look forward to English UK members welcoming many more students to their classrooms in the coming months.
previous entry << >> next entry