Moodle "Course Creator" Training Course - Thursday 4th & Friday 5th February 2010 at Kingsway English Centre, Worcester.
Moodle is an Open Source Course Management System (CMS), also known as a Learning Management System (LMS) or a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). It has become very popular among educators around the world as a tool for creating online dynamic web sites for their students. The Open University is the second largest Moodle deployment by user-base, with over 600,000 users and 4,000 courses. For more information on Moodle itself please check out http://docs.moodle.org/en/About_Moodle
We at Kingsway are developing our own online learning facility to complement what we do in school and have teamed up with an official Moodle partner company to run a training course to teach teachers how to create materials and courses for Moodle. During this course you will learn how to :
- Set up a course from scratch identifying the key settings that impact on the format and management of the course.
- Upload and manage your own resources and make them available to participants.
- Create online resources and weblinks and make them available to participants.
- Create activities for assessment, collaboration and communication using a range of Moodle tools.
- Monitor participant activity within a course.
- Re-use and archive activities and courses.
For full details on the course please look at http://www.howtomoodle.com/moodle-course-creator
The Details :
Dates : Thursday 4th and Friday 5th February 2010
Place : Kingsway English Centre, 40 Foregate Street, Worcester WR1 1EE
Price : £385 per person for the two-day course including tea, coffee and VAT
Not Included : Overnight accommodation on Thursday night, but we can help with host family, hotel or B&B booking if required. You will also need to get yourself a sandwich at lunch time - lots of places within a few hundred yards of the school.
Numbers : There will be a maximum of ten people on the course and you should bring a laptop computer with you. There are currently 5 people booked so only 5 places remain.
How to Book :
1) Please send an email to email@example.com with the name(s) of your candidate(s).
2) Please go to www.kingsway-english.com/prepayment.asp and pay £385 per person with your credit card online.
If you have questions please give Rick Johns at Kingsway a call on 01905-619877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org previous entry << >> next entry