Taking place on Wednesday 23 and Thursday 24 May at The Hotel Russell, in the heart of Bloomsbury, the English UK AGM and Annual Conference provides an excellent platform for ELT providers and other experts to exchange knowledge and experience.
Highlights of this two-day annual event are:
Wednesday 23 May
- Update on Visa and Immigration rules, presented by Neil Hughes, UK Border Agency's National Lead for Temporary Migration
- Panel Discussion on 'Opportunities in Kurdistan for the UK's ELT Sector', led by Jodie Gray, Senior International Manager, English UK.
- Advice on setting a sale price for ELT centres, presented by Shirley Greenall, Finance and Marketing Director, and Peter Dewhirst, Sales Director, ELT Acquisitions
- A final plenary session on leadership in time of crisis by Bob Stewart DSO MP
After the last plenary session you will have a chance to socialise with fellow members at a post-conference drinks reception sponsored by the British Council.
Thursday 24 May
- UK immigration policy and the education sector, presented by Jonathan Portes, Director of the National Institute of Economic and Social Research
- The potential and challenges of the Young Learners market in Taiwan and China, Panel discussion with Sarah Wang, Manager, Special Interest Groups, English UK
- Update on English UK Professional Services, presented by Huan Japes, Deputy Chief Executive, English UK
- Safeguarding young learners on residential language courses - a panel discussion with Michael Bruce, Stafford House, Claire Rickards, EAC Language Centres and Sarah Etchells, English Country School
English UK's Chief Executive, Tony Millns, will provide a review of 2011/12 and look at trends and prospects for 2012/13.
The programme will offer a broad and relevant range of issues and we encourage delegates to share opinions on the work of English UK - providing an opportunity for you not just to be kept informed but also to help us plan our services and products.
To download a provisional copy of the programme please click here.
If you can't make it for both days, you can still be involved as you can register for just the Wednesday or the Thursday sessions.
Please click here to book your place at the conference via our online booking system.
Details of sessions and speakers will be released over the coming weeks. Please visit please visit the 'training section' of the English UK website for more details, or contact Alice Marcolin, Membership Manager, on email@example.com. previous entry << >> next entry