Cambridge Academy of English (CAE) established its distinct brand of programmes for individual young learners in 1991. These courses are available for children aged 8 to 17 each year from June until August. CAE offers five courses each summer, four residential courses and a teenage homestay option at CAE’s main site in Girton, Cambridge. The four residential centres are located in safe and attractive schools in East Anglia, and are all within easy reach of Cambridge and the main London airports.
All five centres have their own characteristics and each is tailored to a particular age range. However, there are certain important features that are common to all of them:
• There are never more than 14 students per class
• Courses are quite intensive, with 15 or 20 hours of teaching per week, with a stimulating and dynamic learning environment
• Your learners start their courses together. There are fixed start and finish dates
• There is always a choice of several sport and non-sport activities in the afternoons
• Excursions are to places that are both educational and great fun
Another significant point is that the fees for all of our courses are fully-inclusive. Tuition, accommodation, activities, sport, airport transfers, all meals, excursions, admissions and insurance are all included in the fees. There are no ‘voluntary extras’ or ‘add-ons’ that youngsters will be asked to pay for once they have arrived.
< back to directory