Description of centre
Where is Preston?
The small, lively, and affordable city of Preston is situated in the north west of England, only a short train ride from nearby Manchester, Liverpool, Lancaster, Lake District and the famous seaside resort of Blackpool. Preston Academy of English is a two and a half hour train ride from London and Edinburgh.
Preston Academy of English is located in the heart of Preston city centre near to the famous Preston market and close to the main shopping area and restaurants. Preston Academy of English is very close to the bus station and a short distance from the train station which means travel to places of interest is very easy and convenient.
Our mission is to maintain a consistently high standard of teaching and learning, through flexible and relevant courses, in a welcoming, supportive and inclusive learning environment. Being a family-owned business, the atmosphere is friendly and vibrant, yet extremely professional, where students feel safe, secure, engaged, and comfortable.
Preston Academy of English delivers the following courses:
• General English- pre-A1, A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2
• IELTS preparation courses (foundation, intermediate, advanced) for university entrance or work/general purposes
• Preparation for all Cambridge examinations, such as FCE and CAE
• Trinity College London examination preparation classes (graded examinations in spoken English and Integrated skills in English)
• English conversation classes
• Ladies only General English
In addition to being accredited by the British Council, PAE is an authorized Trinity College London Exam Centre.
Preston Academy of English maintains 8 networked classrooms. Our experienced, fully qualified teachers benefit from a well-stocked resource room with up-to-date books and CDs. Facilities for students include a newly renovated students’ room; tea, coffee, soft drinks and a range of snacks are available, as well as internet access and a self-study area.