Saturday 23 April is a special day for language lovers: it's the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death, and also the United Nations (UN) English Language Day. So we've organised a competition for member centres: to celebrate either (or both) of these events with your students, in any way you like, and attempt to get coverage in your local paper or radio station.
There will be two prizes, one for each event, and judges will be looking for original concepts and effective campaigns.
Entries must include:
- a press release
- a photograph
- any press or radio coverage
- a short (1 minute maximum) video clip from your campaign.
It's not just about having fun: the competition fits English UK's current campaign to raise the profile of our industry and lobby for the support it needs to thrive.
We encourage members to take part to:
- get coverage for your centre and English UK in the local media
- get practical experience of dealing with the local media
- create an enjoyable and worthwhile project for social organisers and students
- engage the local community in our activities
- create tools for their own promotional campaigns
- provide English UK and our public affairs advisers MHP with material
The closing date for entries is 10 May, and winners will be announced at English UK's Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 19 May.
Please send entries to email@example.com, with the subject line "Competition".
previous entry << >> next entry