Detailed market reports on 2017's first trading quarter are now being used by English UK members to plan and revise their business strategies.
The first report of English UK's Quarterly Intelligence Cohort (QUIC) has just gone out to its 124 members, providing an in-depth, quarterly analysis of the UK industry's source markets within six weeks of the quarter's end. English UK will also release an executive summary of each report.
QUIC replaces and improves upon English UK's long-standing core group scheme, as part of the association's mission to support members with high-quality statistical insights, provided more quickly than competitor nations. The data is processed and analysed by industry experts StudentMarketing.
English UK Marketing Director Annie Wright said: "We're very proud of QUIC: English UK is leading the way in world ELT on supporting members with detailed data within such a short timeframe, and this is only the first step.
"StudentMarketing's involvement means the data is more exact, precise and reliable than before, and we are focusing on developing the scheme further with guidance from our members.
"We're delighted with member take-up - this is the biggest cohort in our history of quarterly reporting, and we hope that many more will join us at the next opportunity in December."
Patrick Murphy, director of BLS English, said he had spent several days poring over the report. "It's absolutely fantastic. Just this morning my principal came to ask me about the proportion of adult students who come via agents, and I was able to give him that information within about five seconds."
Q1 2017: key findings
The executive summary of the first QUIC report, covering January – April 2017, shows:
- 91 per cent of student weeks were spent on General English courses, with English for Academic Purposes next most popular at 4.6 per cent.
- Three-quarters of student weeks were booked through agents.
- The biggest source markets were Italy and Saudi Arabia. Most adult students came from Saudi Arabia, with most juniors from Italy.
- Spain, which was the third biggest market in 2016 according to English UK's Annual Student Statistics report, was the eighth biggest sending market for QUIC members in Q1.
- View the QUIC Q1 2017 exeutive summary.
English UK members will be able to join next year's QUIC in December 2017: for just £250 plus VAT, QUIC members get a report which includes analysis of adults and junior weeks by source country, breakdowns by country and course type and more sophisticated regional insights.
previous entry << >> next entry