Description of centre
Wimbledon School of English is currently named as the UK's Top-Performing Centre of Excellence * by the EL Gazette. We are one of only two schools in the UK to have achieved a strength in all 15 areas of a British Council inspection so we really do deliver on our promises of quality.
We are known for our lovely building & garden, warm, welcoming atmosphere & serious approach to study. Our students are all ages from 16 to 80 (average age:26), from over 90 different countries. We have about 250 students in school from September-June & 320 in July & August.
WSE is in the centre of Wimbledon, which is famous for the Tennis Championships. All the wonderful facilities of Wimbledon: shopping, theatres, cinemas, sports clubs, over 100 cafes, bars, pubs & restaurants, as well as the train & underground stations, are just a few minutes’ walk from the school.
What makes us one of the best schools in the UK:
• quality English language teaching
• serious study & intensive courses
• dedicated & experienced teachers including several IELTS examiners
• a lovely building with a beautiful garden
• an ideal location in a safe area with excellent facilities
• 3 minutes' walk from Wimbledon stations with fast, direct access to Central London (20 minutes)
• excellent accommodation near the school
• excellent facilities: interactive whiteboards, staffed multimedia study-centre, film & book libraries, free wifi
• Free lively social programme- discos, zumba, film club, parties, excursions (NB – some are paid), sports – including tennis!
• established 1964 – one of the oldest schools in the UK
• IELTS, PTE, OET & Cambridge test centre
Academic Year Programme
Cambridge FCE, CAE & CPE Examinations
Pre-sessional Academic English with IELTS
Business & Professional English
English and Culture for Mature Students (aged 40 plus)
You can choose from homestay, 4 student houses or a women's hostel. There is a maximum of 30 minutes’ travel time to school from any of our accommodation