PRELIM 3 partnerships begin
Work has begun between English UK members and their teacher partners in 25 countries on a project to create and disseminate bespoke classroom resources.
PRELIM 3 is a 15-month project running until March 2024, funded by the British Council and run in partnership with English UK and IATEFL. It follows on from PRELIMs 1 and 2, shorter projects which were designed to improve the confidence of teachers around the world teaching English.
PRELIM 3 consists of 25 partnerships between accredited language schools (all but one of them English UK members) and English teaching associations in different countries. The aim is to support classroom teachers who are teaching in English to create resources to use in lessons with their own students.
It also aims to develop the capacity of the UK centres and their ETA partners through creating and distributing contextually-relevant ELT resources, which will have lasting impact and benefit for the teachers who use them.
The initial phase of the project is to build strong partnership and conduct needs analysis before work begins on creating resources. All participants are encouraged to participate in the language centre or ETA online Communities of Practice, facilitated by project managers NILE (Norwich Institute for Language Education), on Slack.
The PRELIM 3 partnerships are:
- Bell Educational Services Ltd - Lithuania (LAKMA)
- Capital School of English - Bangladesh (TSB)
- CELT Centres for ELT Cardiff - Palestine (PATEFL)
- Celtic English Academy - Mozambique (MELTA)
- Centre of English Studies (CES) - Brazil (BRAZ-TESOL)
- Edinburgh College - Nigeria (ELTAN)
- Eurospeak Language Schools Ltd. - Bolivia (BETA)
- Hilderstone College - Zambia (LATAZ)
- inlingua Cheltenham - North Macedonia (ELTAM MK)
- International House Bristol - Ecuador (UNAE-PINE)
- International House London - Kuwait (TEFLK)
- Lewis School of English - Thailand (ThaiTESOL)
- LILA* Liverpool - Cuba (APC-ELI)
- Norwich Study Centre - Guinea (GETC)
- Nottingham Trent University - Vietnam (VietTESOL)
- Oxford International Education Group - Cameroon (ELTS-CAMELTA)
- Peartree Languages - Indonesia (TEFLIN)
- Professional Language Solutions (PLS) - Argentina (APIBA/APISE/ASPI & FAAPI)
- Speak Up London - Honduras (HELTA-TESOL)
- Stafford House - Cote D'Ivoire (CINELTA)
- St Giles International - Angola (ANELTA)
- West London English School - Mali (MATE)
- The University of Sheffield ELTC - Turkey (INGED)
- Wimbledon School of English - Uganda (UNELTA)
- York Associates International Ltd. - Peru (ASCEI & PERUELTNET)
Learn about previous PRELIM projects previous entry << >> next entry