English UK's quarterly student statistics scheme
At English UK we understand market insight is crucial for business success.
Our Quarterly Intelligence Cohort (QUIC) is the ELT industry's most detailed and timely student statistics scheme.
Participating members benefit from exclusive market data every quarter, with in-depth analysis from our market insight partner BONARD.
Sign up for QUIC 2024 >>
QUIC gives members robust tools to benchmark their centre's performance, identify market opportunities and inform their business development strategies.
Benefits of joining QUIC
Identify student recruitment opportunities and evaluate your language centre's performance against others by joining our QUIC data cohort.
QUIC participants receive exclusive, comprehensive quarterly market intelligence from professional analysts four times a year.
With more than 50% of members' total student weeks represented in the cohort, QUIC data presents a true picture of what's happening in the UK ELT sector.
To ensure QUIC provides the most robust information possible, a dedicated research team at our insight partner BONARD validates, and analyses the data.
All English UK members receive an executive summary, but only those participating in QUIC receive the full detailed analysis and reports.
QUIC reports are ready within eight weeks of the end of each quarter, so you can make responsive marketing decisions.
The full 40+ page reports include:
- In-depth insight into 100+ UK ELT source markets
- Analysis of the buying process for each market: agency vs direct bookings and individual vs group bookings
- Breakdown of adult and junior course types, with insights into the popularity of different courses in each market
- Comparative analysis across UK regions and programmes
- Historical comparisons that reveal long-term trends
- Analysis of sector recovery since 2019
View a sample QUIC report (contains 'dummy' data)
- Exclusive webinars> interactive webinars from BONARD's international education director exploring each quarter's results.
- Pivot tables > Excel pivot tables with each report. These provide breakdowns by sector, region and provider type. Watch our tutorial video to learn how to pull out tailored insights using pivot tables.
- Cumulative data > participants receive the cohort's full annual results at the year's end.
How to join the QUIC data cohort?
New participants can sign up between February and the end of March each year.
The first set of quarterly data is due in April.
English UK member centres join the QUIC cohort on an annual rolling basis. Renewal is automatic.
Sign up for QUIC 2024 >>
If you have any questions email our Market Development & Insights Manager, Roz McGill.
What does it cost?
2024 QUIC fee: £275 + VAT
2024 QUIC fee for groups:
- £275 + VAT for the first language centre
- £55 + VAT for each additional centre
- Group QUIC subscription fees are capped at £495 + VAT per group.
Example: a group with three centres will pay: £275 + (2 x £55) = £385 + VAT.
Why is there a fee? QUIC runs on a cost-recovery basis. Fees cover the cost of outsourcing the data analysis to our market intelligence partner BONARD.
Back to the top
What data do we collect?
Members must provide student week data split by:
- source market
- age group
- course type
- group vs individual bookings
- agent vs direct bookings.
Example submission form and submission guidelines:
2024 reporting periods and submission deadlines:
- Q1 (1 January - 31 March): by Tuesday 16 April 2024
- Q2 (1 April - 30 June): by Friday 12 July 2024
- Q3 (1 July - 29 September): by Friday 11 October 2024
- Q4 (30 September - 29 December): by Monday 13 January 2025
Resources from software providers:
QUIC executive summaries
Executive summaries of the QUIC reports are publicly available.
Only QUIC participants have access to the full reports, data and webinars.
English UK's other statistics reports
Latest QUIC news stories
What do participants say about QUIC?
"The QUIC reports are an invaluable source of data for anyone involved in English language provision in the UK." - Lisa James, Embassy Summer
"We all need data to know what is happening in the industry. This is the best source of data… [we use it to] see which markets we are not fully exploiting, and which markets we should be making more of an effort with." - Val Hennessy, International House Bristol
"It gives schools a significant insight to the countries who are sending students to the UK. A very valuable tool to have in your armoury to allow you to do intelligent and targeted marketing." - David Arrowsmith, inlingua Cheltenham
"We joined for the first time in 2021, it's invaluable data and I highly recommend all schools join." - Farhan Quraishi, Speak Up London