English UK's quarterly student statistics scheme
At English UK we understand market insight is crucial for business success. Our optional Quarterly Intelligence Cohort (QUIC) is the ELT industry's most detailed and timely student statistics scheme.
Participants benefit from exclusive market data every quarter, with in-depth analysis from our market insight partner BONARD.
QUIC gives members robust tools to benchmark their centre's performance; identify market trends and opportunities; and inform time-critical strategic business development decisions.
Benefits of joining QUIC
Four times a year, in return for providing detailed student week data, participants receive exclusive, comprehensive quarterly market intelligence by professional analysts.
To ensure QUIC provides the most robust information possible, a dedicated research team at our insight partner, BONARD, sanitises, validates, and analyses the data.
With more than 50% of members' total student weeks represented in the cohort, QUIC data presents a true picture of what's happening in the UK ELT sector.
Whilst all English UK members receive an executive summary, only those participating and providing their quarterly data receive the full detailed analysis and reports. Evaluate your centre's performance against others and identify opportunities in source markets by being part of QUIC.
Ready within eight weeks of each quarter end, the 35+ page QUIC reports* include:
- In-depth insight into 100+ UK ELT source markets
- Analysis of the buying process (agency vs direct bookings and individual vs group bookings) for each market
- Breakdown of adult and junior course types, providing insight into the relative popularity of different product types in each market
- Comparative analysis across UK regions and programmes
- Historical comparisons to reveal long-term trends
- *NEW* for 2023 - analysis of recovery levels (2019 v 2023) based on a like to like sample.
*View a sample QUIC report (This is for illustrative purposes and contains 'dummy' data)
Additional benefits for QUIC participants
- Excel format pivot tables providing granular intelligence on sector, region, and provider type -watch our 6-minute QUIC pivot table tutorial video to find out how you can pull out more granular insights to benchmark your centre's performance
- Special interactive webinars exploring each quarter's results further
- Timely cumulative data - at the end of the year's cycle, participants also receive the cohort's full annual results
How do I join QUIC?
English UK member centres join the cohort on an annual rolling basis and well over a third of the membership take part. New participants can sign up between February and the end of March each year. The first set of quarterly data is submitted in April.
Registration for QUIC 2023 is now closed.
Please contact Roz McGill to express your interest in joining QUIC 2024.
What does it cost to join?
QUIC 2023 subscription fees
- 2023 QUIC subscription fee: £215 + VAT (usual QUIC subscription fee pre-pandemic: £250 + VAT)
- 2023 QUIC subscription fee for groups: £215 + VAT (for the first accredited centre) and an additional £50 + VAT for each subsequent accreditation/ member centre**
- Group QUIC subscription fees are capped at £415 + VAT per group.
**For example, a group consisting of three member centres will pay: £215 + (2 x £50) = £315 + VAT
Why is there a fee?
QUIC was designed to run on a cost recovery basis, so fees cover the cost of outsourcing the data analysis and report writing to our professional market intelligence partner.
English UK has subsidised the project during and since the pandemic and have worked closely with Bonard to agree a special fee model for this year. For 2023 we have kept fees below the pre-pandemic level.
Back to the top
What data do you need to provide each quarter?
Members need to provide student weeks by source market, age group, course type, whether the booking was as a group or individual, and whether it was a direct booking or via an agent.
Example submission form and submission guidelines:
2023 reporting periods and submission deadlines:
- Quarter 1 (2 January - 2 April): by Tuesday 18 April 2023
- Quarter 2 (3 April - 2 July): by Friday 14 July 2023
- Quarter 3 (3 July - 1 October): by Friday 13 October 2023
- Quarter 4 (2 October - 31 December): by Monday 15 January 2024
Resources from software providers:
QUIC executive summaries
Top-line executive summaries of the QUIC reports are publicly available to sector stakeholders and members not participating in QUIC.
Only QUIC participants receive the full reports with market analysis, infographics, commentary, the accompanying Excel pivot table datasheets and access to webinars exploring each quarter's results further.
Find out more about English UK's statistic initiatives
Latest QUIC news stories
What do participants say about QUIC?
"We joined for the first time [in 2021], it's invaluable data and [I] highly recommend all schools join." - Farhan Quraishi, Speak Up London.
"We all need data to know what is happening in the industry. This is the best source of data… [we use it to] see which markets we are not fully exploiting, and which markets we should be making more of an effort with."– Val Hennessy, International House Bristol
"It gives schools a significant insight to the countries who are sending students to the UK. A very valuable tool to have in your armoury to allow you to do intelligent and targeted marketing." - David Arrowsmith, inlingua Cheltenham.
"The QUIC reports are an invaluable source of data for anyone involved in English language provision in the UK." - Lisa James, EC English.