Last updated: 25 November 2019
China Roadshow 2020
Monday 16 - Saturday 21 November 2020
Three Chinese cities TBC
The China Roadshow connects English UK members with quality Chinese agents in three different cities. It is the only specialist UK ELT business networking event in China, the top source market for the state sector and second largest overall for UK ELT.
The China Roadshow is the best way for English UK member centres to access a large number of quality Chinese education consultancies, travel agents and local educational institutions who are actively engaged in the UK summer and winter school sector.
- Book your place for the China Roadshow 2020 (coming soon)
The event not only connects agents with summer and winter ELT providers, but also helps improve agents' understanding of the UK, visas and immigration and learning English in the UK through specialist seminars. You can view some of the seminar slides below:
Chinese study abroad agents should contact British Council China if they are interested in participating.
Extend your trip: meet agents in Thailand and Vietnam
Asia Pacific workshops in Thailand and Vietnam will immediately follow our China Roadshow from Monday 23 - Thursday 26 November 2020. Make the most out of your time in the region and meet agents in China, Thailand and Vietnam.
Prices and booking
English UK member package includes
- Six nights' accommodation
- Marcom eSchedule PRO account to schedule one-to-one meetings
- Welcome reception and farewell dinner
- Refreshments and lunches during the agent workshops
- A listing in the 'Learn English in the UK' booklet, circulation 100,000
£TBC for a table and first representative
£TBC for a second representative (no meeting schedule)
Please note the package does not include international flights to China or domestic flights within China. We are working with Key Travel to offer a package of domestic flights.
Please contact Siobhan Small if you have any questions.
The China Roadshow combines one-to-one business meetings with evening receptions, networking lunches and seminars. To make the roadshow as smooth as possible, your meetings will be scheduled through Marcom eSchedule PRO, an advanced meeting scheduling tool.
You will be supported and assisted by English UK and the British Council throughout the roadshow to enhance your profile. There will also be an opportunity to receive insights into the Chinese market and trends.
Full programme TBC.
Why promote your centre in China?
- China was the second largest market for all UK ELT again in 2018 with an average stay of 4.3 weeks. It is one of the fastest-growing markets in the state sector and forth largest in the private sector again this year, after moving into the top five for the first time in 2016.
- China is the undisputed top source market for the state sector with 108,907 student weeks, which surged by almost 20% in 2018.
What do members think?
"The quality of the agents...there were very few irrelevant meetings,and they were well-informed, engaged and already produce for the UK. It's always stimulating to go to China – the market seems to be developing at breakneck pace, and you come away bursting with ideas for new groups and products." - Nicole Kennedy, Studio Cambridge
"It is the best event for schools who want to recruit junior groups from China. We have formed a number of very productive partnerships relationships from the roadshow. It really was the second and third years where it has really 'borne fruit'." - Tregarran Percival, UKLC