UK ELT market intelligence: student statistics from Q1 2023
The latest figures on the UK's ELT source markets from our Quarterly Intelligence Cohort - QUIC show the incremental growth (seen throughout 2021 and 2022) continued in Q1 of 2023. Overall figures are now close to pre-pandemic levels, reaching 92% of Q1 2019 student week volumes.
This in-depth quarterly statistics initiative, produced in collaboration with our insight partner BONARD, comprises of 38% English UK member centres. Whilst the full report and excel datasets are exclusive to the QUIC participants, top lines are made publicly available. QUIC is the most up-to-date intelligence available to monitor and understand the pattern of market recovery.
>> Download the QUIC Q1 2023 executive summary
Revealed by 123 QUIC members in Q1 2023
- Overall total student weeks in Q1 2023 reached 92% of Q1 2019
- Adults recovered 95% of their 2019 student week volume, and juniors 76%
- Q1 2023 volume saw 150,270 student weeks in total: 89% adult, 11% juniors
- Junior student weeks were up 415% and adult up 80% on Q1 2022
- Top five adult source markets: Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Turkey, Japan and South Korea
- Top five junior source markets:Spain, Italy, Argentina, Brazil and Thailand
- Top 10 markets represented 66% of all student weeks
- Of a potential 214 teaching premises, 108 were operational
- Group bookings (at 16%) continue to rebound towards pre-pandemic levels
- More than one in five student weeks were direct bookings.
We're grateful to all our QUIC participants for committing their time and resources to submit quarterly data.
previous entry << >> next entry