Description of centre
The English Language Centre, Brighton, founded in 1962, is a not-for-profit English Language school with an established reputation for providing quality English language courses for adults. We offer a wide range of courses taught by qualified and experienced teachers in a friendly, caring and supportive environment. We have a very good nationality mix - welcoming students from more than 70 countries every year. ELC is licensed as a Highly Trusted Sponsor under Tier 4.
Our courses include:
- General English
- Exam Preparation (IELTS, Cambridge FCE/CAE/CPE, BEC, TOEIC, TOEFL)
- courses for teachers of English (primary and secondary)
- Summer Vacation course
- courses for Business Professionals
- tailor-made individual and closed group courses
Our excellent facilities include 32 classrooms in 3 interconnected buildings, free WLAN throughout, garden patio, Self-Study Centre with library and computer room with 15 computers, interactive whiteboards, student lounges with flat-screen TVs and student 'kitchen' with microwaves, kettles and vending machines.
The school is located on a beautiful square 5 minutes walk of the sea and many bars, shops, restaurants and cafes. The main shopping centre of Brighton is about 15 minutes walk away (5 minutes by bus). Bus stops and taxi ranks are right outside the school.
We arrange accommodation in carefully selected homestays, self-catering student houses, res or local hotels. All are within maximum 30 minutes's travelling (on foot or by bus).
We also offer a full programme of afternoon and/or evening activities and weekend excursions arranged by our own Social Activities Organiser.
Brighton, a vibrant cosmopolitan city of 250,000 people, is an ideal place for international students to live and study:
- a well-established, large and welcoming student community which includes two universities
- a popular seaside town with the beautiful Sussex countryside only minutes away
- excellent transport links to London, about 50 minutes away by train, with quick and easy access to the international airports of Heathrow and Gatwick by rail and coach
- full of unique tourist attractions and hosts many special events throughout the year